Any serious injury is a great challenge to the injured person as well as close family members. When a child is injured, parents, siblings and grandparents often experience great stress as well as practical challenges. Mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers worry greatly about the possible lifelong impacts of broken bones, head injuries, back injuries or burn injuries on a child's entire life. At the same time, practical challenges multiply day by day:
- Medical bills
- Durable medical equipment expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Expenses for family members who miss work or travel great distances to be with the recovering child accident victim
- Great sorrow as well as funeral expenses if an injured child dies
Concerns for a child who has been injured in a car accident, a fall from a high place, or a serious dog bite or other animal attack often include the following:
- A child's growth may be stunted if bones are broken in certain areas.
- A child who misses long periods of time at school risk falling behind his or her peers and having to repeat a grade of school.
- A child whose face or other visible body parts are injured may be shunned or teased by other children.
- Surgeons may state that a child accident victim is likely to need reparative operations down the road. It can be difficult to estimate the full costs of future surgical procedures.
- Insurance claims adjusters may seek to pay less for an injury case or fatality case involving a child who has not earned an income.
Experienced, zealous Poughkeepsie child injury attorneys at Stenger, Roberts, Davis & Diamond, boldly confront these and other issues after a young person is in a serious accident. We fight for the right of injured children for full, fair compensation from liable parties and their insurers.
Contact Our Dutchess County School Bus Accident Attorneys
From our offices in Wappingers Falls, our lawyers can evaluate your child injury case and prepare compelling cases on your son's or daughter's behalf. Contact our personal injury law offices in New York today for a free initial consultation.
Kenneth Stenger is the contributing attorney to this content.